Thursday, October 18, 2012

Welcome to Fall Y'all!

2012 has brought lots of change for this little Smith family.  In April we welcomed our little Pumpkin and while he was just a week old we decided a move was in our future.  After much soul searching and prayer we  ended up packing our ole Kentucky home and found ourselves in northern Illinois.  We were prepared for change but just didn't realize how much...
So what did we notice?
  • Say what? Our new neighbors talk very fast.  I mean so fast it sounded like another language!  I can't tell you how many times in those first weeks that I had to ask the woman at the deli counter to repeat herself.  I think she thought I may have been deaf.  Now when I order from her she speaks very slowly and very loudly. We now have a better grasp on the dialect but I don't know if I will ever live down the deaf label.
  • You don't waive at strangers.  You just don't - trust me.
  • The weather! Brrrr! I mean it wasn't even this cold last year at Thanksgiving and its only the beginning of October.
So speaking of cold I felt like Fall just snuck up on us.  We were all ready for fun Fall activities and it went from warm to freezing in less than a week.  I felt sad, cold, and quite dreary.  Finally, last week we had a relatively warm day so I had to seize the opportunity to break out the camera and get some pumpkin pics with my favorite little Pumpkin.  Pumpkin and I enjoyed ourselves and he became quite the celebrity on the Quad (we live on a college campus... future posts to come I'm sure that share all this fun).   Ladies were yelling "Oh my... it's a baby!  With a pumpkin! Let's look at it!"  While there was a little 'zoo esq' feeling I have to say I love showing off my little ham and he loves working the crowd.  It was so nice to get the opportunity to be outside with the beautiful foliage falling around us.  So nice that it almost felt like home... almost!

Here's a little peep of our session.

No comments:

Post a Comment